If you want more info about the BOC, you can click on the the 'Contact Us' button to the right, or email Mira Yiu at email@example.com
Why join the Burnaby Outdoor Club?
- Enjoy nature and explore Beautiful BC
- Meet new people, make new friends
- Get exercise, fresh air, and improve your physical fitness
- Hike, bike, snowshoe etc. in a group with others at the same level
- Scheduled activities are planned well in advance
- Several multi-day trips occur each year (e.g. the Rockies, Mt. Baker, Rogers Pass ...etc.)
Improve your outdoor knowledge (e.g. the "10 essentials") and skills (e.g. route finding)
- Attend Club social events (dinners, slideshows, BBQs, picnics, bowling etc.)
- Learn activity leading skills
- Local depatures via carpooling (don't need to own a car)
- Membership Fee: $30 per calendar year (for new members only, joining the Club after July 1 you pay $20 for the remainder of the calendar year, i.e. ending on Dec. 31)
- All members are required to sign a liability waiver
- All members should "book onto" an activity two days in advance to enable vehicle allocation and planning
- Club trips are limited to a maximum of 12 participants
- All outdoor activities start from a pre-arranged meeting place
- Non-members may participate in one "free trial" activity before joining
Carpool fees are payable to drivers as follows:
$7 minimum per passenger for "in-town" and "near town" destinations
$10 minimum per passenger for "out of town" (beyond West Vancouver and Mission)
The trip leader will set the carpool exact fee for their trip, the amount depends on the distance and road-type travelled, as well as the number of passengers per vehicle. The driver suplies the vehicle, drives, and is expected to have all their costs covered by the carpool fee provided by passengers.
Note: as a courtesy to drivers bring a change of footwear so you can take off your wet and/or muddy boots (and stow them in a bag) after the hike/outing.
For a membership and waiver form, click Membership Form to get a copy
NOTE: The Membership Form requires a signature and must be returned via regular mail.